While en route to the East Coast of Australia via the “Top End” to take part in a collaborative research program on humpback whales, Whale Song and her crew had an opportunity to once again wind our way north through the nooks and crannies of the exquisite Kimberley coast. We visited well-travelled places and some, […]
Archive | Whale Tales: Micheline’s Blog RSS feed for this section
Leaving Malta on November 18, 2010 and arriving on February 25, 2011 we experienced a wonderful voyage the long, safe way home! This is our journey in a nut-shell… 109,000 litres of diesel fuel, 13,000 nautical miles, 16 crew members ,16 species of cetaceans, , 9 currencies, 8 ports of call, 7 Journey Legs, 6 […]
In October 2010 Curt and Micheline, along with their two girls, Micah and Tasmin and new crew member Kate Sprogis, flew to the Southern Mediterranean country of Malta to take delivery of their new research vessel Whale Song. Dale Peterson, Peter Sandison, Gwen Penry and Jenny Shaw joined them at the Manoel Island Yacht Yard […]
Follow our WAVES expedition to the Antarctic (January 2014)
- Sunfish Predation Observations November 15, 2019
- 2019 Australian Nature Photographer of the Year Competition July 17, 2019
- Final Log from One Ten East June 13, 2019
- On the Humpback Highway! June 12, 2019
- VMP June 11, 2019
- Voyage of the Whale Song September 11, 2010
- DAY 7 WAVES January 6, 2014
- Filming Trip to the Canyon March 26, 2013
- Day 12 Voyage Report February 1, 2013
- DAY 26 WAVES January 25, 2014
- Emerald Sea Surveys - VMR Whitsundays - VMR Whitsundays: […] To see further information on Curt and M...
- Nigel: Great stuff, been following your trip, love your p...
- Carrie: WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! ANTARCTIC BLUUUUEEEEE!!!! So amaz...
- Tria: What wonderful photos! Your Waves blog makes for ...
- Kel G. Smith: Hello Captain Curt and Crew: Curt, your...