Humpback whales are feeding in the Antarctic right now. During the austral summer months, the cool nutrient-rich waters of the Southern Ocean support a huge diversity of animals from fish, seabirds, seals, dolphins and whales. Humpback whales, along with minke whales, sei whales, fin whales and Antarctic blue whales are feasting on huge swarms of […]
About Curt Jenner
Author Archive | Curt Jenner
Migrating from west and east coasts of Australia to the Antarctic is one mammoth migration. Each year humpback whales spend the winter breeding season in the tropical Kimberley and the summer feeding in the productive and krill-filled Southern Ocean.
Beautiful Cossies Beach on Direction Island, Cocos Keeling Islands wins the 2017 Award! Click on the link below for the video! Cocos Keeling Islands Visitor Centre celebrating victory at Cossies Beach, Direction Island .Like Page Yesterday at 5:30am · IT’S OFFICIAL … WE HAVE THE BEST BEACH IN AUSTRALIA!!! There are 11,761 beaches […]
Out of the water, humpback whales leap! We love to see them BREACHING, in all places for all reasons! A cow humpback whale breaches… perhaps to scare away a shark. Morning BREACH in a competitive pod of males! In the Kimberley this is a cow humpback whale protecting her calf. We love […]
Look what pops up in our fairleads… a whole bunch of things! A dolphin or two and a dog in our fairlead… This one takes the cake – there’s a whale in my fairlead!
The hues of the ocean are truly amazing and beautiful… A pygmy blue whale in a blue sea…
Skipper is delirious when we have dolphins on the bow! Happiness is… Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins in the lagoon at Cocos Keeling Islands, just beautiful! I was excited for Skip, as he couldn’t be there! Ind0-Pacific bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops aduncus, leading the way! Near Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour, an […]
We spend our time at sea, on the sea. Together with bobbing on the waves, an equally favoured view is underwater looking at coral reefs or whales! The Rip at Cocos Keeling Islands. A four-armed sea star clings to the wall a Christmas Island. A dwarf minke whale heads […]
Being at sea, we are sometimes surrounded by fish… The amazing coral reef at Cocos Keeling Islands, wow!
Let me introduce you to Skipper and his friends! Look what we have here! “More Tursiops truncatus!” Now Tursiops aduncus! Tursiops truncatus in the Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour!
Follow our WAVES expedition to the Antarctic (January 2014)
- Sunfish Predation Observations November 15, 2019
- 2019 Australian Nature Photographer of the Year Competition July 17, 2019
- Final Log from One Ten East June 13, 2019
- On the Humpback Highway! June 12, 2019
- VMP June 11, 2019
- Voyage of the Whale Song September 11, 2010
- DAY 7 WAVES January 6, 2014
- Filming Trip to the Canyon March 26, 2013
- Day 12 Voyage Report February 1, 2013
- DAY 26 WAVES January 25, 2014
- Emerald Sea Surveys - VMR Whitsundays - VMR Whitsundays: […] To see further information on Curt and M...
- Nigel: Great stuff, been following your trip, love your p...
- Carrie: WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! ANTARCTIC BLUUUUEEEEE!!!! So amaz...
- Tria: What wonderful photos! Your Waves blog makes for ...
- Kel G. Smith: Hello Captain Curt and Crew: Curt, your...